It is also a good decision to manage your finances, allowing you to live comfortably while studying and also plan ahead.
As a university student, you can apply for a TUOHI or Stockmann Mastercard and get a credit limit of up to 2,000 euros. These international Mastercards allow you to pay for your purchases practically anywhere in the world. You will not be charged any opening or annual fees for your TUOHI or Stockmann Mastercard. The account management fee is only charged when you have outstanding debt.
You can apply for a TUOHI or Stockmann Mastercard if you are a student at a Finnish university or university of applied sciences, you do not have any payment defaults and you have not been granted any other type of credit from Nordea Group. Having a student loan, however, does not prevent you from applying.
How to apply for a credit card?
1. You can submit your application using your online banking codes by clicking the links above.
2. When filling in your application, enter “student” as your profession, the name of your university as your employer and the start date of your studies as the start date of your employment. Fill in the other fields normally.
3. If you are a new student, attach proof of your studies at a university of applied sciences or a university (your letter of admission or a copy your student card) to your application. Otherwise a printout of your student record online is sufficient.
4. You will be sent a decision on your credit card application by post in about two weeks.
5. If you have any questions about TUOHI or Stockmann Mastercards, contact our Customer Service.